1. Though last week brought us days of temperatures in the 90s, today won’t be one of those days, and we may not see them again for a while.
According to the National Weather Service, we should see the reading on the thermometer reach close to 70 degrees under partly sunny skies. We should also experience winds of 5 to 15 mph with gusts as high as 20 mph. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers late tonight; otherwise, we’ll see mostly cloudy skies with the temperature dropping to about 50. The wind also will persist tonight at 10-15 mph with gusts as high as 20 mph.
So far, Monday and Tuesday’s high temperatures are expected to only reach the low-to-mid 60s. Wednesday’s high could reach the low 70s, while a return to the 80s could occur Thursday. We’ll see how the weather develops as the week rolls on.
2. If you didn’t make it to this weekend’s Relay for Life, or if you did go and want to relive the experience, we’ve got a video feature and some interviews you may want to check out.
3. Paulding County’s newest library, the Crossroads Public Library, will hold a grand opening today from 2 to 4 p.m. If you can’t make it today, or if you want a sneak peek of the new facility, then this video feature will be right up your alley.
4. Before you go to the Crossroads Public Library, or perhaps prior to any other afternoon plans, you may consider going out to eat. We’ll have the latest restaurant health scores for you at midday today. In the meantime, check out the scores we brought you last week.
5. If you haven’t seen the blog posts from our Local Voices bloggers, you’re missing out. In some of the latest posts, Mary Carol Sheffield talks about caring for the tomatoes in the garden, while newcomer Pamela Mason shares the details of her addiction to social media. We’re enjoying the material from our Local Voices contributors, but we’re also looking for more local readers to join our blogging ranks. Interested? Click this link for more information.