1. We’re one day away Independence Day, but we may not be free from rain today.
According to the National Weather Service, we have a 40-percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Otherwise, we’ll again enjoy mostly sunny skies with the high temperature in the mid 90s. The rain chance diminishes to 30 percent this evening, which will bring partly cloudy skies and a low just under the 70-degree mark.
We’ll have a 50/50 shot at missing rain and thunderstorms on Monday. If the odds are in our favor, we’ll see mostly sunny skies and a high near 94.
2. Today brings with it another opportunity to see fireworks, as New Season Church's Community Fireworks Celebration begins at 6:30 p.m. The family event will feature more than explosions in the sky; find out more about it and other Independence Day weekend events here and here.
3. Speaking of fireworks and fun, we had our camera rolling at Saturday’s Salute to the Stars & Stripes in Hiram. We’ll have video from the event up on our site tonight.
4. Yours truly saw some backyard fireworks on Saturday. If you plan to light some up tonight, here are a few safety tips and reminders of what is and isn’t allowed in Georgia.
5. Planning on breaking free from the kitchen and heading out to a restaurant to grab a meal? We’ll have the latest food scores today around lunchtime; in the meantime, see the scores we compiled last week. We’ll also serve up for you later today our Week in Review.