1. Clouds and wind are in today’s weather forecast.
The National Weather Service says we can expect mostly cloudy skies with the mercury reaching just over the 90-degree mark. Calm winds will increase to 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Tonight we’ll lose a few of the day’s clouds and the temperature will fall to about 60.
2. The Paulding County Board of Education will hold a regularly scheduled meeting today at 8:30 a.m. We have the link to the agenda here. We’ll be live tweeting the meeting throughout the morning—follow us on Twitter @DallasPatch.
Also meeting today is the Paulding County Board of Commissioners for a 10 a.m. work session and 7 p.m. board meeting—see the board’s draft agenda attached to this article.
3. Dallas-Hiram Patch’s Local Voices blogger Desirae Johnson wants to get her fellow vegetarians ready for Memorial Day cookouts. Get her tips here. Her blog post comes on the heels of Pamela Mason’s latest offering in time for this week’s local high school graduations. If you maintain a blog or would like to begin one, take a look at our requirements for Local Voices, and if you’re interested in becoming one of our featured bloggers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Rodney's Bar-B-Que and Catering is the site today of the “Love is Blind” fundraiser to assist the Paul family as mother and homemaker Lori Paul prepares for brain surgery. The event is set for 6 to 9 p.m. Read her story and get more details on the fundraiser here.
5. If you didn’t see yesterday’s Pet of the Week video, here’s your chance—meet “Baby Girl” in this 37-second clip.