1. We’re hopefully in store for another beautiful day.
According to the National Weather Service, we can expect sunny skies with a high near 93, plus winds between 5 and 10 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear with a low near 62.
2. State Rep. Howard Maxwell spoke on several topics at the Paulding Business Association’s May meeting earlier this month, and we had our camera rolling. See our videos showing what he had to say about the Sunday alcohol sales issue, the HOPE Scholarship, how reapportionment could impact Paulding's presence in the Legislature and more.
3. The Paulding Fine Arts Association is holding a reception and awards presentation for its second-annual Student Photography Show today from 2 to 4 p.m. at 121 E. Griffin St. in Dallas, behind the Dallas Theater. The public is invited to attend the event, which will see awards given out at 3 p.m.
4. Rodney's Bar-B-Que and Catering will be the site Tuesday of the “Love is Blind” fundraiser to assist the Paul family as mother and homemaker Lori Paul prepares for brain surgery. Read her story and get details on the fundraiser here.
5. Looking for other things to do in and around Dallas and Hiram today or beyond? Check out our events calendar, and if you have a local event you want to let your fellow readers know about, you can put it on the calendar.