This information was gathered from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs Wage and Salary Survey, covering 2006 through 2010. In the 2010 survey, there are 772 full-time and 82 part-time county employees, serving a population of about 137,000.
Salary figures for the Paulding County School System are not included in this state survey. However, when he was promoted in March 2010, Superintendent Cliff Cole was hired for an annual salary of $151,500, according to his contract.
Here are the figures from 2010—ranked from highest figures to lowest of the top 10 (not counting school employees other than Cole)—of which only one is elected, Paulding Commission Chairman David Austin:
1. Paulding County School Superintendent Cliff Cole, appointed, $151,500.
2. Paulding County Administrator Mike Jones, appointed, $129,978.
3. Paulding County Finance Director Tabitha Pollard, appointed, $113,024.
4. Paulding County Commission Chairman David Austin, elected, $106,317.
5. Paulding County Community Development Director Chuck Rann, appointed, $102,929.
6. Paulding County Airport Manager Blake Swafford, appointed, $102,929.
7. Paulding County Information Systems/Technology Director William Lyons, appointed, $102,929.
8. Paulding County Planning and Development Director Chris Robinson, appointed, $102,929.
9. Paulding County Civil Engineer Bruce Coyle, appointed, $102,929.
10. Paulding County Public Works Superintendent Michael Carter, appointed, $102,929.