Paulding Races To Be Decided July 31
Three more candidates qualified and one dropped out during the final day of qualifying Friday. See who will be running in the July 31 primary.
Editor's note: Based on information submitted to Dallas-Hiram Patch prior to qualifying, we had listed the School Board District 6 seat as being up for election. That seat, currently held by Kim Curl, is not up for election this year.
Paulding County’s local races are set to be decided by the end of July.
No Democrats had entered any local race by the time qualifying ended at noon. On the Republican side, three candidates entered two races.
But the half day of qualifying also saw a candidate withdraw from his race—Post 1 Commissioner Larry Ragsdale.
With only Republicans seeking local offices, those who emerge from the July 31 primary will be Paulding’s elected officials starting in 2013.
Local offices to be decided this election year are as follows (all have qualified as Republicans). Those who qualified Friday are bolded.
- Sheriff — Gary Gulledge (Incumbent).
- Judge, Probate Court — Deborah Andersen (I).
- Clerk, Superior Court — Treva Shelton (I).
- Tax Commissioner — Bill Watson (I).
- Commission Chairman — David Austin (I), Tony Crowe.
- County Commissioner, Post 1 — David Carmichael, Heidi Leggett.
- Chief Magistrate — Dan Collins, Brian Hardison, Fred Henderson, Martin Valbuena (I).
- Coroner — Sam Clark (I), Jeff Eberhart.
- Surveyor — Carlton Rakestraw (I), Jon Tripcony.
- School Board District 1 — Theresa Lyons (I).
- School Board District 3 — Kim Cobb (I), Ron Crist.
- School Board District 4 — Richard Manous.
- School Board At Large — Justin Rowland, Joe Watson (I).
Charles Rutland Sr., who qualified for the non-paid position of Soil and Water supervisor on Wednesday, was the only non-partisan candidate to enter.