High school football fans across the state could see on their TVs this weekend the players, cheerleaders, band members and fans from two of four Paulding County teams—if those teams and their supporters can get out the vote.
WSB-TV in Atlanta is asking its viewers to help pick out the Friday football matchup that will be visited by the Sports Zone Friday crew. Two Paulding County games—East Paulding vs. North Paulding and Paulding County vs. Hiram—are among the seven that viewers have to choose from this week.
The game that receives the most votes on Sports Zone Friday's Facebook Page by noon Friday will be visited by the WSB crew. Fans can vote on their favorite schools by liking the photo that represents the game of their choice, which is worth one vote; and by sharing a photo with their Facebook friends, which is worth two votes.
Related news: Paulding Schools in Running for $10K Computer Labs
Highlights from the game with the most votes will be featured on WSB-TV and on its website. The schools’ cheerleaders and bands also will receive some TV time, with the cheerleaders set to be shown during Sports Zone Friday, while the bands will receive their fame on Sports Zone Saturday.
As of early Tuesday, East Paulding vs. North Paulding was leading the pack:
- East Paulding vs. North Paulding – 1,486 likes, 3,262 shares (8,010 total votes)
- Allatoona vs. Woodland (Cartersville) – 848 likes, 3,435 shares (7,718)
- Paulding County vs. Hiram – 991 likes, 962 shares (2,915)
- Northview vs. South Forsyth – 396 likes, 451 shares (1,298)
- North Cobb vs. Starr’s Mill – 277 likes, 290 shares (857)
- Dacula vs. Mill Creek – 20 likes, 15 shares (50)
- Henry County vs. East Coweta – 19 likes, two shares (23)
You can help your favorite Paulding high schools win a few minutes of fame by spreading the word on Facebook. While you’re doing that, you can sign up to keep up with all the news in Dallas and Hiram by subscribing to our free daily newsletter and breaking news alerts, liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter. We also have apps for your Android or iPhone that can bring you news, our business listings, weather forecasts and more.