Test Your Olympic Knowledge: Part Four
The Summer Olympics begin on July 27, but how well do you know the Games? All this week, Patch is posting trivia questions to test your knowledge.
Answers to our previous round of trivia questions are below.
From Michael Phelps winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics to Nadia Comăneci receiving the first perfect 10 in 1976, there have been several unforgettable moments in Olympic history.
As hundreds of world-class athletes prepare to compete in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games beginning July 27, Patch is celebrating the start of the games by posting Olympic trivia questions all this week.
Post your answers in the comments below. We'll give you a new round of questions tomorrow night along with the answers to these four questions:
1. Which team leads all other teams in the Opening Ceremony procession?
- Team USA
- Great Britain
- the Greek team
- the host country
2. The Games were not held in which of the following years?
3. How did the Olympic flame arrive in England for the 2012 Games?
- Underground tunnel
4. What contest of team strength was an official Olympic event from 1900 to 1920?
- Tug of War
Answers to our previous round of trivia questions:
- Madrid. Moscow hosted in 1980, Seoul in 1988 and Melbourne in 1956.
Looking for a way to celebrate the Olympics locally? You can find local events for Olympic Fun Day on July 28 on the Let’s Move website, which has a page about how to set up your own local Olympics.