If you found a new smartphone or tablet under the Christmas tree or beside the Hanukkah menorah, we know of one must-have application to get the most out of that mobile device around Dallas, Hiram and beyond: Patch has apps for iPhones and Android phones that make it easy for you to stay connected.
How can Patch help you on the go? Let us count the ways.
Patch for iPhone
Patch for iPhone puts all the news, weather, places and events in Dallas and Hiram at your fingertips. Among the app’s features:
- A quick rundown of the latest news and blog posts, wherever you go.
- Up-to-date weather forecasts, watches and warnings.
- Business listings (no more fumbling for the number to the pizza place or address to the boutique).
- Intriguing events right in your neighborhood.
- Easy access to voice your opinion on stories or upload photos via Facebook or email.
You can save anything from favorite articles to business listings to your iPhone for easy offline access. And wherever you go, you can use the camera on your phone to add photos to your Patch Neighborhood Gallery.
What are your must-have apps?
Have an opinion on our app? We love feedback, so let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patch Places for Android
Patch Places is the go-to directory of local businesses in more than 40 Patch towns in Georgia and nearly 900 communities nationwide. The goal is to bring a community together to make everything local.
Select any Patch community to connect to a mobile directory of the places nearby, from restaurants and stores to government offices and parks. It’s all in your hands, any time, anywhere.
Among the helpful features:
- Search for shops, restaurants and nightlife spots.
- Call a business location or find it on a map.
- Browse pictures and upload your own.
- Share place pages by email, Facebook and Twitter.
You can access a place’s official website for more information on its goods and services and save it to favorites for offline viewing.
More Community Apps
Outside Patch, you can find dozens of apps to contribute to the constant conversations going on in your community while you’re on the go.
You might want to start with:
- Twitter—Send updates on the fly.
- Facebook—Access your wall on the move.
- Instagram—Edit and share photos as you take them.
Above all, that great mobile device is about staying connected, and Patch is always there to help.