Chamber Seeks Leadership Douglas Candidates

The Douglas County Chamber is now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 class of Leadership Douglas.

By Sara Ray, Douglas County Chamber

The Douglas County Chamber is now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 class of Leadership Douglas. The mission of Leadership Douglas is to identify, encourage and develop leadership abilities so that its participants grow both personally and professionally.

Participants in Leadership Douglas benefit from getting to know one another and from the exchange of ideas and experiences. They gain knowledge and understanding on crucial issues facing our community, while also attaining leadership skills to make a difference. In addition, they develop a network of relationships with other leaders of various backgrounds throughout Douglas County.

This professional leadership curriculum is achieved through a ten-month program of structured activity where students become familiar with all aspects of our community. Leadership Douglas utilizes professional leadership trainers while also utilizing community resources for courses such as Health and Wellness, Economic Development, Arts and Recreation, Public Safety, Social Services,  Education, Government Affairs, and Water Resources.

“Where else can you gain an understanding of your community, leadership skills to make a difference, and life-long friends in one program,” says John Sell, Georgia Power Company, Leadership Douglas Class of 2011 and 2013 DC Chamber Board of Directors Chairman.

Participants in Leadership Douglas are selected after consideration of their recognized and potential leadership abilities. The selection committee will choose 25 diverse and qualified individuals in order to provide a structured program that enhances leadership skills and community involvement. In addition, the selection committee will ensure at least 70 percent of those selected will be from the business community, with the remaining 30 percent from education, social service programs or community action agencies. The class membership will be announced by May 1.

Cost for the 10 month course is $600 and includes the retreat, all sessions and materials, meals and transportation. It is important that applicants recognize that a serious commitment to attend every class is required. In return, participants are guaranteed to leave Leadership Douglas better qualified to take an active role in our community.

To download an application, go to www.douglascountygeorgia.com/leadership-douglas or contact the Chamber at 770-942-5022. All applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, March 15.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »