1) Ah. Another glorious sunny day.
Forecasters are calling for mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 82. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 57, according to the National Weather Service.
2) High Holy Days with Reform Jewish Congregaion Ner Tamid of West Cobb Congregation Ner Tamid, a young and growing West Cobb Reform Jewish congregation, is celebrating their sixth High Holy Days as a congregation this year.
Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, begins at sundown this evening. Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement, will start with Kol Nidre services at sundown on Friday evening Oct. 7 p.m. Yizkor, the Jewish Memorial Service, will be held Saturday afternoon, Oct. 8. 4:15 p.m., and is open to the public without tickets.
Services will be led by Rabbi Thomas P. Liebschutz, D.D., D. Min., and held in borrowed space at Christ Lutheran Church, 176 West Sandtown Rd, Marietta. Kol Nidre will be chanted on Yom Kippur by Musical Soloist Harvey Rosenberg of Saint Louis.
Non-member tickets, $72, may be purchased at www.mynertamid.org or by calling 678-264-8575. Congregation Ner Tamid was formed in May of 2006 to service the needs of north Marietta, Smyrna/Vinings, Dallas, Kennesaw, Acworth and surrounding areas.
3) Learn to draw, use watercolor, colored pencils and pastels at the . One-on-one instruction, all materials provided in a $10 fee. Bring your own acrylic and oil materials. All ages and skill abilities welcome.
Lessons at the center, 54 Industrial Way N, Dallas, begin at 9:30 a.m.
4) Ninth Annual Marietta/Cobb Career Expo. More than 70 organizations will be recruiting during this free event hosted by the Georgia Department of Labor. The expo starts at 10 a.m. at 548 S Marietta Pkwy SE, Marietta. Among the participating employers, colleges and service organizations will be:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Engineering Design Technologies, Inc.
Chattahoochee Technical College
WellStar Health System
5) For more on Tuesday's school board meeting, see our story.