The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the Thursday accidental death of the owner of a Hiram roofing company.
Ron Crist, 42, owner of Crist Roofing and Construction, died in an incident at the business in Hiram, the AJC reported. The incident happened around 3 p.m. Thursday, June 5, according to a press release from Hiram City Manager Robbie Rokovitz.
WSB-TV reported the accident involved a piece of roofing.
Rokovitz said Crist died while "operating a skid steer behind his roofing company office located at 488 Hiram–Douglasville Hwy."
The City of Hiram statement also included:
"While we recognize and appreciate that the details of this accident may be of interest to the media and general public, we prefer to express and share our condolences and allow Mr. Crist’s family and friends to grieve and gather in remembrance of a father, husband, son, brother, business leader and, most importantly, a wonderful friend to us all. Funeral arrangements are in process. Please keep Ron’s family, friends and all the people he has touched in your thoughts and prayers."
The company posted the following on its Facebook page:
“Today we lost a owner, family member, and good a friend in Ron Crist. We ask everyone to keep his family and friends in your prayers.”
As of 10:30 a.m. Friday, more than 100 people posted condolences on Facebook including:
- “The only comfort that can be taken at a time like this is that Ron is definitely with the Lord, so sorry for his family to have lost him this soon.”
- “Ron was a great friend of mine, And a great guy in our community, You will be missed Brother.”
- “Praying for everyone who will be affected by this. He was a wonderful man.”
- “From the Academy Roofing family, we send our condolences.”
- “Condolences from Classic Roofing & Gutters.”
- “Condolences from Liberty Roofing. Very good man and he will be missed greatly.”
- “Ron was one of a kind and a true friend I never heard him say a negative word about another person. He will be missed. God bless.”
- “Ron was an amazing friend and He will be missed!”
- “Till we meet again friend!!!”