SPECIAL USE PERMIT #2014-01-SUP
362 DUNCAN CIRCLE, HIRAM, GEORGIA
A public hearing has been set for Tuesday January 28, 2014 @ 2PM at 240 Constitution Blvd., 2nd Floor, Dallas, GA 30132, to record the community’s response to the application for a Special Use Permit requested by Ron O’Neal Crist. The Special Use Permit has been requested in order for Mr. Crist to open/operate a recycling collection facility or solid waste collection facility at the corner of Powder Springs St., and Duncan Cr., within the City Limits of Hiram. The applicant, Ron O’Neal Crist has ownership/interest in Crist Roofing, Crist Construction, Crist Enterprises, Crist Dumpsters.
A recycling collection facility or solid waste collection facility could represent most any type of waste including household waste. At this time the application is being made for construction and demolition only. Materials can include wood products, asphalt, drywall, concrete, bricks, metals, plastics, paper, earth, shingles, insulation, carpet. These items could also contain asbestos, lead, mold. The facility would also be available to the public to dispose of their solid waste. The City of Hiram would also have the privilege to dispose of their solid waste (at no charge per the application).
If this recycling collection facility or solid waste collection facility is approved in the City of Hiram it will mean:
· Immediate and permanent decrease in property values.
· Significant increase in traffic and wear/tear on neighborhood roads by both private vehicles as well as large trucks hauling waste to and from the facility.
· Solid waste will come from all of Metro Atlanta and beyond. Waste will be developed from single family, multi family apartments, commercial and industrial locations.
· Possible ground water contamination/run off from the solid waste.
· Decrease in air quality due to possible burning of land clearing debris, diseased trees, emergency clean up debris from homes, businesses, apartments.
· Construction debris could contain asbestos, lead paint, mold and other hazardous materials.
It is vital that voice your position on this Special Use Permit. The initial meeting will be held Tuesday January 28, 2014 at 2PM @ 240 Constitution Blvd., 2nd Floor, Dallas, GA 30132. (Phone 770-443-7601) If you are able to attend you are urged to do so. Your position can be heard at the meeting without having to register in advance. If you are unable to attend written notices of opposition or concerns can be mailed or delivered to the Planning & Zoning Office, 240 Constitution Blvd., 2nd Floor, Dallas, GA 30132 or emailed to email@example.com.
Once this meeting is held a recommendation will be made by the Paulding County Planning & Zoning Office to the City of Hiram for their final decision. At that point The City of Hiram will also have to advertise a public hearing which would be held at their regular City Council session in order for the Hiram City Council to hear public comments. That meeting would possibly be held in March or April. You can contact the City of Hiram for the exact time and date. If you are able to attend this meeting you are urged to do so.
Please let your position be heard by either:
· Attend the Paulding County meeting Tuesday January 28, 2014 @ 2PM OR
mail, deliver, or email your position to the Planning & Zoning Office, 240 Constitution Boulevard, 2nd Floor, Dallas, Ga 30132 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Attend the City of Hiram Council Meeting once it has been confirmed
· Contact the elected officials in Hiram @ 770-943-3726
217 Main Street, Hiram, GA 30141
· City of Hiram Mayor : Doris Devey (email@example.com)
· City Operations Manager – Jody Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· City Manager – Robbie Rokovitz (email@example.com)
· Mayor Pro Tem - Prather Rollins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Kathy Bookout – Post 2 (email@example.com)
· Teresa Philyaw – Post 3 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Derrick Battle – Post 4 (email@example.com
· Kathy Carter – Post 5 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please do not sit idle expecting others to speak up. Your silence = approval