A policy being considered by the Paulding County Board of Education lays out compensation and benefits for the superintendent.
According to the proposed policy, the superintendent is entitled to family health and hospitalization insurance; family dental insurance; a long-term disability policy; contribution to Social Security, Medicare and the Teacher's Retirement System of Georgia; and an automobile expense in lieu of being reimbursed for mileage traveled.
The policy also requires the superintendent to live in Paulding County within one year from the time of his or her contract and to remain a county resident through his or her term.
The policy will be open for public comment for 30 days before being voted on by the Board of Education.
Also at its meeting on Tuesday night, the board approved a maximum price tag of $32,000 from Extreme Technologies in Douglasville for foundation repair at the New Hope Education Center. Construction Manager Ken Elsberry said sealing issues were noticed six months ago and that the foundation needs structural strengthening where it settled.
Plans developed by the structural engineer who examined the foundation are to raise it up to its original level and anchor it. If anything else needs to be fixed, the engineer will eat the cost, Elsberry said.
"They're quite comfortable that this will correct the issue," Elsberry said. "We're quite confident. If not, it's their dollar."
In other business, the board:
- Approved a resolution certifying the completion of P.B. Ritch Middle School;
- Approved a six-month renewal with C.M. Tanner Grocery in Carrollton for copy paper at $28.25 a case;
- Approved a one-year renewal of the school system's lawn care maintenance with KLC Property Management in Dallas for $76,936.79;
- Approved legislative priorities for 2013 that include funding, improved student achievement and maintaining local control of public education;
- Approved a list of field trips;
- And hired Steve Barnette, director of accounting services in Cobb County, as the school system's new chief financial officer.