Hiram City Council Work Session Summary Minutes
The Work Session for April 29,
2014 of the City of Hiram was called to order by Mayor Doris A. Devey at 6:00
pm in the Hiram City Hall Training Room.
Meeting attendees: Mayor Doris Devey, Mayor Pro Tem Pep Rollins, Councilperson Derrick Battle, Councilperson Kathy Carter, Councilperson Kathy Bookout, Councilperson Teresa Philyaw, Robbie Rokovitz, Kelly Hundley (via SKYPE), Jody Palmer, Jason James, Sheila Kendall, Cynthia Geyer, Chief VandeZande, Helene Fitzgerald, Buddy Harrelson, Bob Bookout, Gerald Fellow, Catherine (VC3 Rep), Dale Graver (VC3), Ryan Wills (VC3), Carmen Rollins, Gary Davis, Thomas Brown, Jason Hamby, Michelle Lokhorst
- Pastor Gary Davis presented the invocation and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Chief Vande Zande recognized SGT Josh Lonergan for his service and promotion to SGT, Uniform Patrol Division.
- Mayor Devey introduced the Board of Ethics Members.
- Pastor Gary Davis presented the support and benefits to our local Elementary School children and their families from the annual Backpack program and Give a Kid a Chance event. Requested a $1,500.00 support contribution for the 2014 program.
- Mayor Devey recognized Mr Harrelson, Hiram’s EDO representative, who provided a brief update on the last EDO Meeting.
- Mr. Rokovitz introduced the representatives from VC3 who gave a presentation on the Hosted Desktop Environment as an option for Hiram. Reviewed the Features, Equipment, Support and Service offered by VC3 for Local Government Clients.
- Mr. Rokovitz updated the Council on the progress of the LCI Project. Meetings had been held with the top three Consultant/Planner companies along with Mr. Jack Burnside, our consultant.
- Chief VandeZande reviewed the request to purchase two 2015 Ford Explorer SUV/AWD Vehicles with SPLOST funds.
- Mr. Hundley reviewed the recommendation for the Charter Amendment for identifying and appointing Stand-By Judges. He also outlined the requirements and process for a Home –Rule Charter Amendment.
- Mr. Hundley presented a comprehensive review of the DRAFT Special Events Ordinance.
- Mr. Rokovitz discussed the initial draft of the FY2015 Budget. The Council decided to set a Work Session date that would be dedicated to the FY15 Budget only. Saturdays – May 10, May 17 and May 24 were discussed as options.
- Mayor Devey announced events scheduled in May 2014
Work Session was adjourned.
Submitted by Cynthia Geyer, City Clerk