officials on Thursday released the names of six individuals as finalists for the position of city manager.
Following interviews, which have been scheduled for Monday, Thursday and Friday, one of six could be selected by Mayor Doris Devey and city councilmen to fill the position. Should one of them be chosen, the appointment is expected to be made, or shortly after, Friday, Aug. 24.
The hire would be the conclusion of the city’s six-month journey toward hiring a city manager. In February, to allow for the addition of a city manager to the payroll. The amendment to the city charter then was required to be submitted as a piece of legislation before state lawmakers—, and Gov. Nathan Deal .
Billy Beckett and is scheduled to remain in the position through this month, including a transition period once his permanent replacement is hired. City officials said Beckett was favored for the temporary job based on his résumé that includes 35 years of experience as both an interim city manager and as city manager, and a long résumé throughout the state.
The six finalists for the permanent city manager position, and their last two positions in local government, are:
- Karen Degges, former city administrator of Baldwin, and division manager of Finance and Administration, Gainesville.
- Raymon Gibson, former city manager of Stockbridge, and assistant city manager of Stockbridge.
- Richard D. Hampton, former county manager of Jackson County, and county administrator of Stevens County.
- Jack E. Miller, PhD, city manager of Rockwood, Tenn., and city manager of Crossville, Tenn.
- Angela D. Montgomery, former deputy and interim city manager of East Point, and assistant to the city manager, Dunedin, Fla.
- Robert T. Rokovitz, city manager of Cedartown, and city manager of Holly Springs.
Return to Dallas-Hiram Patch on Tuesday for a preview of that night's Hiram City Council meeting.
You can keep up with all the news in Dallas and Hiram by subscribing to our free daily newsletter and breaking news alerts, liking us on Facebook and following us on Twitter. We also have that can bring you news, our business listings, weather forecasts and more.