City of Hiram Work Session Summary Minutes, May 27
Meeting attendees: Mayor Doris Devey, Mayor Pro Tem Pep Rollins, Councilperson Derrick Battle, Councilperson Kathy Carter, Councilperson Kathy Bookout, Councilperson Teresa Philyaw, Robbie Rokovitz, Kelly Hundley, Chief VandeZande, Jody Palmer, Jason James, Cynthia Geyer, Herb Haynes, Helene Fitzgerald, Rich Erdman, Ryan Wilson, Buddy Harrelson, Bob Tressel, Carmen Rollins.
- Rich Erdman, Hiram Police Department Chaplain, gave the invocation and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Chief VandeZande – introduced Hiram Police Department’s new officers.
- SGT Waldon recognized the Hiram Police Explorers for Competition Awards.
- Mr. Rokovitz briefly mentioned the Terminal Demonstration in the Conference Room and asked the Council if they had any other questions for the VC3 Staff present at the Work Session. No further questions on the Information Systems Support, Services and Contract.
- Mr. Palmer briefed the Council on the Rezoning Application submitted by Brent Harris and reviewed the recommendation by the Paulding County Planning Commission. A Public Hearing to consider this application has been noticed and will be held at the June 3, 2014 Regular Session.
- Mr. Hundley reviewed the proposed Charter Amendment concerning the Municipal Court and the process of identifying and appointing Stand-by Judges. The first of two Public Hearings have been noticed and will be held at the June 3, 2014 Regular Session.
- Mr. Rokovitz discussed the Livable Communities Initiatives (LCI) Consultant Selection.
- Mr. Rokovitz reviewed the recommended FY2014 Budget Amendments.
- Mr. Hundley discussed the DRAFT Floodplain Management/Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance required by the Northwest Regional Commission to be adopted. Ordinance will be reviewed and a DRAFT presented to Council at the June Work Session.
- Mr. Hundley commented on the DRAFT Car Wash Ordinance which has the same requirements as the Floodplain Management Ordinance.
- Mr. Hundley briefly spoke to the Council about aspects of the Sign Ordinance which he is reviewing. He will have proposed changes/updates for the Staff and Council to consider over the next month.
- Mr. Rokovitz discussed the use of a Collections Services to assist with compliance of the City’s Sanitation franchise.
- Mr. Palmer discussed the C&L Contractors final Change Order for the Hiram Street Improvement Project. Mr. Rokovitz also provided an update on the Street Lights purchase and installation and the bench.
- Mr. Palmer discussed the replacement of the pump at Well Head #1(Downtown) and Contractor quotes.
- Mayor and Council entered into Executive Session for the purpose of discussing potential property acquisition.
- Mayor and Council entered back into the Work Session.
- The Work Session was adjourned.