Summary Minutes from March 24 Hiram City Council Work Session.
Meeting attendees: Mayor Doris Devey, Mayor Pro Tem Pep Rollins, Councilperson Derrick Battle, Councilperson Kathy Carter, Councilperson Kathy Bookout, Robbie Rokovitz, Kelly Hundley, Jody Palmer, Jason James, Sheila Kendall, Cynthia Geyer, Chief VandeZande, Helene Fitzgerald, Buddy Harrelson, Bob Bookout, Kathie Stancil, Catherine Fox
- Jody Palmer presented the invocation and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Mr.Palmer presented the Aspen Dental Sign Variance Applications. The applications request additional signs on their building in addition to the one principal wall sign. Mr. Hundley reviewed the Sign ordinance requirements for the Council in consideration of Variance requests.
- Catherine Fox, Fox Environmental and Mr. Palmer presented the 2013 Stormwater Review Report and the Flood Plain Mapping Book for use by the City and Developers for future development projects in Hiram.
- Mr. Rokovitz presented the changes to the Employee Handbook required due to the Police Department Schedule change that is effective on March 29, 2014.
- Mr. Rokovitz discussed FY2015 Budget initiatives involving personnel, training, retention, professional development, revenue sources and revenue recovery ideas, SPLOST projects, Bonds, Justice Center, and Property Taxes. FY2015 Budget discussion to be continued.
- Kathie Stancil, Camp Hornet Director, presented the 2014 Camp Hornet program schedule and budget.
- Mayor Devey led a discussion on whether or not to appoint another Hiram representative for the EDO for the next 3 month term. Recommendation was to leave the position empty until next Fiscal Year.
- Mayor Devey led a discussion on the nomination of Ethics Board members. Nominations will be voted on at the April 1, 2014 Regular Session.
- Mr. Palmer presented the recommendations for fireworks and entertainment for the July 5, 2014 Fireworks and Concert event.
-- Submitted by Cynthia Geyer, city clerk