The FBI believes the man "is no longer a threat," the movie chain's spokesman said.
The man behind a bomb threat that put Carmike locations in Hiram and other parts of metro Atlanta on alert last Friday has been identified, the spokesman for the Columbus movie chain said in a one-sentence statement. "The FBI has identified the person responsible for the bomb threats that occurred last Friday, August 17, 2012 involving Carmike Cinemas and believes he is no longer a threat," Carmike spokesman Terrell Mayton said Thursday. The statement did not mention if the suspect had been arrested. And the Federal Bureau of Investigation did not offer additional details beyond a short statement of its own. "While the FBI advances its criminal investigation into the threats directed at various Carmike Cinemas," the FBI said in the …
Darren Wesley Huff will serve time after being convicted of transporting firearms across state lines.
- POLICE & FIRE
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Former militia member Darren Wesley Huff, 42, of Dallas was sentenced in U.S. District Court on Tuesday to serve four years in prison for his conviction of transporting firearms across state lines with the intent to cause a civil disorder. Huff in October was found guilty of carrying a firearm in interstate commerce with the intent to use it in a civil disorder. According to a Federal Bureau of Investigation news release, Huff intended to arrest public officials pursuant to “citizens arrest warrants,” which were directed at numerous local, state and federal public officials, including sheriffs, police chiefs, and President Barack Obama. The citizen’s arrest warrants Huff attempted to execute listed the public officials as “Declared …